Re: Sources for British Iris

  • Subject: Re: Sources for British Iris
  • From: Barbara Jackson <jacksonb@mb.sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 18:14:03 -0600 (CST)

From: Barbara Jackson <jacksonb@mb.sympatico.ca>

Hi Kathy,

I, too, am going to Chelsea Show as well as on the I Can Garden tour May 20
to 28th.  As members of the RHS, our tour group will be going to the show on
members day which is, I think, the Wednesday of that week.  Last year we
were there at the same time and the iris were in full bloom everywhere we
went.  When we went up to Scotland after the tour, however, most of the iris
were done.  So, peak season would probably be mid to the end of May I guess.

I'll pass on any information I get, but it will be different for you, I'm
sure.  It couldn't be possible for both our countries to have the same rules
and regs!

Barb

Barbara Jackson
jacksonb@mb.sympatico.ca