Re: HYB: Coddling Seedlings

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Coddling Seedlings
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:13:31 PST

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Jim Loveland wrote:
>...I picked my iris pods in 1997 while still green...... I then planted
them immediately in two size of pots.

Very interesting stuff Jim. What sort of germination rates did you get
from the green pod seeds?

>I didn't worry whether the seedling was an SDB or a TB when planting.

I'm not quite sure from this, whether you mean the seeds were grown in
two different size pots, BEFORE planting out, or you are actually
growing your seedlings on to flowering stage in individual pots.

I will be very interested to hear more about your experiment.
Cheers, Jan Clark, Australia