ot:iris seed planting

  • Subject: ot:iris seed planting
  • From: Gordon & Loraine Nicholson <iris4u@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 18:41:02 -0800

From: Gordon & Loraine Nicholson <iris4u@pacbell.net>

Several years back (3-4) we had the pleasure of seeing Maryotts gardens
(before there great move) and yes Bill's seedlings were planted in short
rows, very much like radishes, the rows were very close together also.
At our seed patch we put down chicken wire to discourage both bantys and
cats.  the plants grow right thru the wire, with the wire we don't have
to worry about seeds getting scratched or mixed together.  Lorraine at
Woodland Iris Gardens where the looong three day weekend almost killed
us, so glad to get back to work today at my real job.

Woodland Iris Gardens
Modesto CA