Re: HYB: another bloom!

  • Subject: Re: HYB: another bloom!
  • From: "Dennis Kramb" <dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 15:19:49 -0500

From: "Dennis Kramb" <dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net>

I forgot to explain the subject being "HYB".  It's because I want to try
hybridizing this japonica hybrid with my cristatas.  Wouldn't it be nice to
have something big & beautiful that was also winter hardy?  It has pollen on
the anthers, so I'll save some for when my cristatas bloom.

The books tell me it's a longshot to get such a cross to take, but my
enthusiasm comes from wide crosses that produced the likes of PALTEC.  At
least the two irises I'll be crossing are in the same general group
(Evansias).  Wish me luck!

Dennis Kramb (Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, USDA Zone 6)
Irises & Native Wildflowers URL:  http://home.fuse.net/dkramb/home.html