REF: McEwen Siberian Iris Article

  • Subject: REF: McEwen Siberian Iris Article
  • From: JEM300@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:05:43 EST

From: JEM300@aol.com

I sat down to read my mail which included Keith Keppel's catalog, Borbeleta
Gardens, and Joe Pye's Weed Garden list.  WOW!  Banner mail day for me!!
The photos in the list for Joe Pye's blew me clear off my chair....talk about
distinctive, new, and exciting.  Their work in hybridizing Siberians is

Anyway, I also received the March 1999 issue of Martha Stewart's Living.  (My
husband can barely tell me apart from Martha, but that's another
story....**big grin**)
There is a wonderful article on Dr. Currier McEwen and Siberian hybridizing.
Nice photos and good article.  Dr. McEwen is 97 years old and looks just
super.  I remember Country Living Gardener did an article on him last year
also.   So...if you are not in the mood for whipping up Martha's Grapefruit
Tart with Tarragon Cream (YUCK!! I say!!  Give me chocolate or give me
death!!) flip to page 136 for a better treat!

Happy day!

Linda Doffek (doin' the happy dance cause I got some cool catalogs.....)
West Bend, WI  Zone 5