ot:floral arrangements

  • Subject: ot:floral arrangements
  • From: Gordon & Loraine Nicholson <iris4u@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:39:24 -0800

From: Gordon & Loraine Nicholson <iris4u@pacbell.net>

Last year Gordon and myself helped judge a show in northern California,
there were many floral arrangements, all a credit to the show and
whoever took the time to make them. As someone who dabbles in
arranging   I know it took longer to grow, select, arrange and carry
them to the show then entering single stalks.  They did have local
garden judges do the grading, I really wanted to judge them, what a new
challenge!!  The arrangements showed great creativity and the public now
knows that iris make great cut flowers if treated properly.  Maybe we
could encourage all shows to make extra efforts (contact commercial
florists to enter, of course using iris) to properly display and
acknowledge entries.  Lorraine, where the weather is drippy and the
field count (how many we can put in computer to market) will have to
wait.
Woodland IRis Gardens
P.O.#578668
modesto CA 95357