SHOW: Exhibitors in Artistic Division

  • Subject: SHOW: Exhibitors in Artistic Division
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:47:46 -0700

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

Walter Moores wrote:
> > I was speaking from my own experience in the design section in the four

> AIS regions with which I am most familiar where garden clubs do the
> design section and mainly use inferior irises in their designs.

Walter,

Here in Region 12 the exhibitors in the the Artistic Division of the Iris
Shows are a mix of Garden Club members who are not iris growers and iris
growers who are garden club members. Typically, iris growers will make
stalks available to those who enter the Artistic Division who do not grow
their own irises, so we see few "inferior" irises in the artistic entries
at our shows. I believe the public is very favorably impressed by the
results achieved when high quality irises are combined with designing
talent in the Artistic Division of the show.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com