Re: ot:floral arrangements

  • Subject: Re: ot:floral arrangements
  • From: "Greg McCullough" <icity@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:10:11 -0600

From: "Greg McCullough" <icity@email.msn.com>

> The arrangements showed great creativity and the public now
> knows that iris make great cut flowers if treated properly.  Maybe we
> could encourage all shows to make extra efforts (contact commercial
> florists to enter, of course using iris) to properly display and
> acknowledge entries.

Has anyone had any experience selling iris stems commercially? I gave some
Japanese stems to a commercial flower seller who cast serious aspersions on
their commercial viability. Said they didn't meet commercial standards,
flower didn't last long enough, didn't stay well in the fridge, etc. I know
my tall beardeds would receive the same evaluation but I might try the

Greg McCullough
Iris City Gardens
Nashville, Tennessee
Zone 6