(no subject)

I was just outside in the beautiful sunny and slightly warm weather.  It made me think of the rapidly approaching spring!  My thoughts quickly turned to all the work that I still had to do to get the garden ready for the bloom season and the regional.  One of those "things" I had to do was invite everybody on the iris talk to our iris festival and joint regional.   So here it is:  You are all cordially invited to attend the regions 14 and 15 joint spring trek April 17th in Visalia Ca.  There will be four main display gardens with over 250 guest iris at are garden alone.  Hybridizers from all over the world have sent iris (and are planning on attending), including the countries of France, Great Britain, Canada, Australia and of course the US.  Personally the display gardens are amazing and I would highly encourage everyone to come.  If you all need more info regarding hotel accommodations or schedules please feel free to call George Sutton toll free at 1-888-558-5107.  The Porterville Chamber of Commerce is putting on the first annual iris festival at the same time.  The festival will include a lot of fun stuff like food, very fun to me :-), dancing, live music, art and crafts booths and a bunch of other stuff.  If you need more info on that you can go to our web site and check out the link to the 1999 Porterville Iris Festival.  http://www.suttoniris.com  , My apologies about the lack of graphics and background images at the web site, I am still frantically working on the problem.
The guest gardens here for some reason have experienced tremendous growth, many TB clumps have 20 + fans on them, I stopped trying to count the median clumps.  It should be an incredible display come April.  Look forward to meeting many of you face to face.
Thanks
Mike Sutton