Re: CULT: TBs in Mexico City

  • Subject: Re: CULT: TBs in Mexico City
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:17:39 -0800

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

Just arrived back from Mexico City (really Ocoyoacac) yesterday after
leaving on Friday a.m.  I was surprised to find TBs blooming.
Unfortunately,
not many were currently in bloom and it was FRIO so buds which would
ordinarily have opened just sat there waiting for warmer temps.  Took one
growing between a sidewalk and building facing west 5 days to finally open!
I was checking every day.  It seemed there will essentially be two waves of
bloom since I saw many stalks already bloomed out, some more than 4'
tall and many more with only buds not yet ready to open.  Mostly what I
managed to see in bloom were rather old form blooms in purple shades.
Mostly the ones I managed to examine closely had white beards w/white
shoulder markings, but a couple were light yellow instead of white.  An
unexpected treat, anyway.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7