Re: CULT: current status of irises - long

  • Subject: Re: CULT: current status of irises - long
  • From: "sidneygardener" <sidneygardener@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 20:02:51 -0700

From: "sidneygardener" <sidneygardener@email.msn.com>

>In general, I'm at a loss as to whether to water or not.  It is and has
>been very dry and usually we would have had more rain, so my instinct
>is to provide some water.  I hesitate because of the growth already ahead
>of where is normally is at this time and I don't want to jeopardize the
>health and chance of bloom by encouraging growth too soon.  >Donald Eaves
>Texas Zone 7 and needing rain even more than usual.

I live in zone 7, Albuquerque, NM and I say water. Its been so dry here that
I've been watering at least ever other week  or every week if the
temperatures are getting into the 60's in the day or if its windy.

Stick your finger in the dirt and if there isn't any moisture, water. I
haven't had any rot yet on anyone including the arils.

Thats my two cents worth. Sharon what do you think?

Sidney Gardener
Zone 7, Albuquerque, NM

Have you seen our new web site? http://www.onelist.com