Re: HYB: No Standards

  • Subject: Re: HYB: No Standards
  • From: "Sterling Okase" <sterling_o@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:32:07 PST

From: "Sterling Okase" <sterling_o@hotmail.com>

Jan Clark <janclarx@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone visited the Monument Iris gardens site? If you go to the
>> of photos of next years introductions, there is an iris labeled GG.
>> iris appears to have NO STANDARDS!! This is really wierd. I wonder
>> it be a popular seller.
>There are a few TBs with no standards. I have seen SIX PACK, RHYTHM,
>and LITTLE FREAK. I think there are some more out there. I think Joe
>Ghio had released one a couple years ago.

>Vince Lewonski

Hi Talk-ers,

I just came back from looking at that wierd iris at the Monument Iris
Garden's web site. That iris is TOTALLY WEIRD!! Not at all like flat
blooming irises like Six Pack or Flat Rate. This thing is totally
missing it's standards, like someone broke them off completely!! Style
arms and falls are still there though.......hmmmmmmm

If they are not playing a cruel joke on me.......I WANT IT!!!

Iris Maniac,
Sterling (not Innerst)
Seattle, WA. Zone 8
And Friday Night Chat-o-phile

Is ONElist important to you? Come to our new web site and share with
us your stories. http://www.onelist.com