shipping bloomstalks

  • Subject: shipping bloomstalks
  • From: Irisborer@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:26:55 EST

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 2/19/99 8:56:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
breckenridge@bnis.net writes:

<< I would be very interested to know how a bloom stalk is shipped and at what
 stage of bloom -- or pre-bloom -- it ought to be picked to arrive 'just
 right'. >>

I've never shipped one... but it was my pleasure to RECEIVE a TB once - buds
carefully wrapped with tissue - that bloomed upon being placed in Sprite.

You haven't lived till you're having a bad winter and someone (*) sends you
such a thing!

Kathyguest in western NY

* John I Jones