Re: Growing arils

  • Subject: Re: Growing arils
  • From: RYFigge@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:24:58 EST

From: RYFigge@aol.com

Dennis, I would love to be able to row Arils -- But we usually have toomuch
rain, and todig them up and then replant later is a no-no for me -- once an
iris gets in the ground it is there to stay as far as human hands are
concerned  until time to remake the bed.  But I think arils are so exotic and
different  - I   would  love to be able to have them- they are so startling if
you haven't seen them before - and so few people in this area have -- besides
they   bloom before the others.  How did you manage in Ohio -- or did you dig
them up?   Rosalie nr Baltimore  zone 7 where we had over an inch of rain
yesterday - but that's better than snow --- and where I have to hve a sump
pump in my cellar, which is a an old-fashioned cellar, not a club room!
ryfigge@aol.com

We now have over 85,000 e-mail communities. Check out our new web site!
http://www.onelist.com