Re: ot:floral arrangements

  • Subject: Re: ot:floral arrangements
  • From: JANSIRIS@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 13:19:29 EST

From: JANSIRIS@aol.com

To Greg and all others interested in sales of cut iris to florists.  I have
had success with taking fresh cut iris (trying to get those that are just
opening up, maybe the terminal has already bloomed). That way they get more
bang for their buck. Being able to use 2 or 3 flowers which they cut off and
stick into an arrangement with other flowers. I charge $1.00 per bloom stalk
and they don't hesitate to pay that so I knowI am not over charging. I carry
in a bucket with no additives but get them delivered ASAP. They then put in
the walk in fridge to harden off. They always want iris around Easter/Mothers
Day and Memorial Day. So if your garden blooms during any of those holidays,
go for it.  Take a sample in ahead of time for them to try out for lasting
power. Caution them about fragabiltiy (is that a word?), they especially like
Spurias and should go for La's as well.

We are going to unsubscribe to this list today as we are having to many
problems with AOL and our computer but you may reach us at
<ghueller@juno.com>, so Ta Ta. I am on the La iris list overthere so will see
you at that address. Have enjoyed you'als talk. Will miss you. Bye, Jan

We now have over 85,000 e-mail communities. Check out our new web site!