Re: ADMIN: Onelist Notification

  • Subject: Re: ADMIN: Onelist Notification
  • From: "Steve Szabo" <stevesz@erols.com>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 21:06:52 -0500

From: "Steve Szabo" <stevesz@erols.com>

John,

Apparently, from my research on this this past week, this is not a hoax.  In
fact, I have received a copy in my email yesterday, and will be bringing it
into the shop to put on a stand alone machine to see if it really does what
it is claimed to do.  We will not test the supposed capacity of this trojan
or worm to replicate itself as you send email to others, but if the winsock
files are changed, that will be proof enough for us.  A document on the fix
is available from McAfee, on the www.nai.com site--I do not have the exact
address with me, but if others want it I will post it to them if they send
me a request off list.  I should know more Monday night, if we get the
chance to test on Monday.

\\Steve//
Worcester Aquarium Society, Worcester, MA
http://www.petsforum.com/was/
Potomac Valley Aquarium Society, Metro Washington, DC
http://www.pvas.com