OT-BIOS:Larry Doucette

  • Subject: OT-BIOS:Larry Doucette
  • From: Larry Doucette <lajean@chelmsford.com>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:16:33 -0500

  Some of you older IRIS-L members may just remember me (?)
I'm in Region 1 - a former HIPS board member - a collector of (way too many ) irises.  But I have now reduced my collection from 1,200 varieties to approx. 300 (getting too olde, I guess)
    However, I have increased my collections of  Peonies - Ornamental Grasses - Hostas - Poppies - Hibiscus ( Southern Belle types ) - Cranesbills - Daylilies - Dahlias - plus an excessive number of other exciting perennials.  I'm still a great believer of companion plantings with my iris beds -
     Each Spring, we take off and head out for early Spring Garden visits -  This year ? Possibly the northern section of Lake Erie (Zone 6 - as seen on HGTV  )  - Then again Maybe Tenn. - Or even as far as Miss. I don't know much about these areas - peak bloom, climate, etc. - Never traveled that far south before which could enable me to miss our own Spring garden bloom season
     My Web Page has a description w/photos of our 1998 Spring garden tours in  Maryland and Virginia - Interesting places like -  The Spoons - The Marleys - R. Figges - ( with judge L. Zurbrigg in action) - The Reberts - and visits to The Roberts of Gettysburg -The Warners of Draycott Garden and Bruce Hornstein.
      Those of  you in Regions 1 - 2  &  16 who have reblooming irises may wish to E-mail me a status report for  R.I.S. records. -  I'm now  your new  R. I. S.  NorthEast. Director.

    'Tis good t be back -  'specially on my new unlimited internet provider-
    Larry Doucette