Re: OT-BIOS:Larry Doucette

  • Subject: Re: OT-BIOS:Larry Doucette
  • From: Barb Johnson <lgjohnsn@ipa.net>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 12:06:39 -0600

From: Barb Johnson <lgjohnsn@ipa.net>

Larry Doucette wrote:

>   Some of you older IRIS-L members may just remember me (?)
> I'm in Region 1 - a former HIPS board member - a collector of (way too
> many) irises.  But I have now reduced my collection from 1,200
> varieties to approx. 300 (getting too old, I guess)
>     However, I have increased my collections of  Peonies - Ornamental
> Grasses - Hostas - Poppies - Hibiscus ( Southern Belle types ) -
> Cranesbills - Daylilies - Dahlias - plus an excessive number of other
> exciting perennials.  I'm still a great believer of companion
> plantings with my iris beds -
>      My Web Page has a description w/photos of our 1998 Spring garden
> tours in  Maryland and Virginia - Interesting places like -  The
> Spoons - The Marleys - R. Figge's - ( with Judge L. Zurbrigg in action)
> - The Reberts - and visits to The Roberts of Gettysburg -The Warners
> of Draycott Garden and Bruce Hornstein.
>     'Tis good t be back -  'specially on my new unlimited internet
> provider-
>   Cheers
>     Larry Doucette
> http://www.geocities.com/heartland/flats/7649/

Welcome, welcome, Larry! Good to have you aboard our "new" ship! 'Tis a
lively crew we have here, and many of the same, familiar *faces* you
might remember from 1996-97. John Jones is the Captain now, but Tom is
on board too.

We look forward to hearing more from you.    Cheers, Barb

P.S. Hoping some more of your "babies" you sent will bloom this year!
Barb Johnson			mailto:lgjohnsn@ipa.net
Near Springfield, SW Missouri	AIS, ISO, HIPS, RIS, MIS
USDA Zone 5b			AIS Region 18 (KS & MO)