Re: OT-HUMOR:germinating peers

  • Subject: Re: OT-HUMOR:germinating peers
  • From: celia storey <storey@aristotle.net>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:49:18 -0600

From: celia storey <storey@aristotle.net>

>Or did the order of emergence have more to do with how the
>students were seated on the bus and that all students were
>simultaneously aware that conditions were finally suitable
>for emergence (the bus had arrived).

But Dan, we can assume students want to get off the bus. Given this voodoo
of the "germination inhibitors" we cannot assume that every seed wants to
awaken and grow.

I agree that the idea of some little signal seems, well, unlikely. But
unlikely things sometimes pertain.

celia
mailto:storey@aristotle.net
Little Rock, Arkansas, USDA Zone 7b
257 feet above sea level, Little Rock soils are often acid, sandy loam, rocky
average rainfall about 49 inches (more than 60" in '97, but less than 42"
in '98)
High humidity, moderate winters, hot summers; but conditions seesaw
Extreme recorded temps: HI 110 F, LO -13 F

We now have over 85,000 e-mail communities. Check out our new web site!
http://www.onelist.com