CULT: Perennializing reticulatas

  • Subject: CULT: Perennializing reticulatas
  • From: "Robert Dickow" <dickow@uidaho.edu>
  • Date: 20 Feb 99 16:46:58 -0800

From: "Robert Dickow" <dickow@uidaho.edu>

I planted quite a few different bulbous reticulata
type iris a few years ago, yellows, blues, and
purples of common cultivars. Most deteriorated and
went blind in the second year--as is normal--with
the exception of some clumps of a dark blue/purple
plant that gets better and better each year. Is this
a known phenomenon for certain clones, or was I
just lucky at planting them in the right place and
at the right depth? I didn't bother to note down
where I planted each variety, so I have no idea what
the names are on the perennialized ones.

Bob

*       Bob Dickow  (dickow@uidaho.edu)     \\// *
* Associate Professor of Horn/Theory/Composition *
*  Lionel Hampton School of Music/Univ of Idaho  *
*     URL:   http://www.uidaho.edu/~dickow/      *

Ta Da! See our new web site. http://www.onelist.com