Re: TB Ident

  • Subject: Re: TB Ident
  • From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 21:07:57 -0500

From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>

Arnold Koekkoek writes...

>A couple of you ventured suggestions as to the white iris I saw in bloom
>in Phoeniz, AZ in mid-January.  It was definitely not a new iris, so
>Immortality can be ruled out.  The suggestions of Polar King echo what I
>thought when I saw it, but I don't have PK and have never seen it (unless
>this is it) so I have nothing as criterion by which to judge.

I have put off posting a photo of Polar King to the HIPS website as I was
not happy with the shot I have.

[the best flower on the clump when I shot was coming out of the clump at a
45 degree angle. I shot the bloom 'straight up' but the tilted horizon in
the background gives my subterfuge away. I was going to put it right by
electronic 'jiggery-pokey' but didn't take the time.]

So -- its there, it offends the eye -- but it does give a good depiction of
what to expect re the bloom. Take a peek, it's in with the rest of the
'Quick Fixes.'

If you like the colors orange and blue, you will like our new web site!