Re: OT-BIOS:Larry Doucette

  • Subject: Re: OT-BIOS:Larry Doucette
  • From: Irisborer@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 05:57:49 EST

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 2/20/1999 11:20:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lajean@chelmsford.com writes:

<<     However, I have increased my collections of  Peonies - Ornamental
 Grasses - Hostas - Poppies - Hibiscus ( Southern Belle types ) -
 Cranesbills - Daylilies - Dahlias - plus an excessive number of other
 exciting perennials.  I'm still a great believer of companion plantings
 with my iris beds ->>

Hey Larry!  Welcome back.  We've missed your wisdom and your humor.  And
although I see your disclaimer about the listed plants being "companion
plantings for my iris beds", I think I know a fellow plantaholic when I see
one.  <BG>

<<Each Spring, we take off and head out for early Spring Garden
 visits -  This year ? Possibly the northern section of Lake Erie (Zone 6
 - as seen on HGTV  ) >>

I think you should include the WHOLE of Lake Erie...  there's always room at
the Stately Guest Mansion for visiting dignitaries.  On this end you could
visit some wonderful iris gardens (and maybe a few 'companion plantings') and
we don't mind tagging along if you intend to go up to the Royal Botanical
Gardens in Hamilton, Ontario where there is a SPECTACULAR iris garden.... then
back down to the School of Horticulture with incredible gardens of all
description plus the Butterfly Conservatory.  Oh, there's a waterfall in that
area too (Niagara Falls).

So welcome, and we'll leave the light on fer ya (except for 5/23 thru 6/6,
when I'll be in Jolly Old for the Chelsea Flower Show and so on...)

Kathy Guest
E. Aurora, NY

Explore a new interest; start a new hobby. Go to http://www.onelist.com