Re: CULT: Perennializing reticulatas

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Perennializing reticulatas
  • From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 12:17:40 -0400

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

Since "George" and "Springtime" both came back very well this year after
good bloom last spring, I am guessing that what did it was deep planting
(at least four inches) and our extraordinarily dry summer.

Since this year's drought threatens to make last year's look mild, I guess
I will have a chance to test that theory.

"George" has faded but "Springtime", I. danfordiae and an older reticulata
hybrid are still in good shape.  Iris bucharica is up about 2 inches.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
(804)223-6172
FAX (804)223-6374
email<bills@hsc.edu>

If you like the colors orange and blue, you will like our new web site!
http://www.onelist.com