Re: OT-BIOS:Larry Doucette

  • Subject: Re: OT-BIOS:Larry Doucette
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 17:05:30 -0800

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Larry Doucette wrote:
> Then again Maybe Tenn. - Or even as far as Miss.
> I don't know much about these areas - peak bloom, climate, etc. - Never
> traveled that far south before which could enable me to miss our own
> Spring garden bloom season

Hi Larry - welcome back!  I've forgotten where you are (and shame on
you, you forgot to tell us).  On the zone map that I have (in the Plant
Delights Nursery Catalog), Tennessee is in zones 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, and
they don't show the mountains which are easily in zones 5.  I'm in the
middle/southern eastern Valley of the Tennessee River (7b), where peak
bloom is around the 2nd week in May (all the earliest bloomers having
been frozen before then).  Nashville is about the same time, in spite of
being in a different zone, but the Plateau between here and Nashville is
a week later.  In the years when early bloomers aren't killed, peak
bloom might be earlier - rarely happens at my house, but better
locations often make it thru.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA

Have you seen our new web site? http://www.onelist.com