New Web Site

  • Subject: New Web Site
  • From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 00:46:17 -0500

From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

Donald Eaves wrote:

>  I did some muttering when I looked at this site.  This is not the
>  kind of website which is conducive to making the endless task
>  of raking and shredding leaves become a finished task!  This is
>  a great, informative and fun website.  I'll be visiting often.

Thank you.  I've done my share of muttering, too <G> 'cause it's not the
kind of website that offers any hope of ever being finished....

In honor of our past discussions about hybridizers in different climates
and how to select iris that were bred under conditions similar to those in
your own garden -- today's addition is a list of breeders of arils &
arilbreds listed in any of the AIS Checklists or the R&I Booklets of the
early '90s.  Last reported location, to give some clues about climate, and
decades during which their iris were introduced to give some idea of

I think you'll be surprised at the size of the list.  Enjoy!

Sharon McAllister

We now have over 85,000 e-mail communities. Check out our new web site!