Re: HIST:HYB: G. P. Brown rebloomers & conventional wisdom?

  • Subject: Re: HIST:HYB: G. P. Brown rebloomers & conventional wisdom?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 07:18:39 -0800

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

> Glad to see someone growing Doc Percy's stuff.
> If you encounter Aurea in your historics it's the Jacques --
> conventional
> wisdom claims it as a variegata with the red suppressed.

Thanks (again) Mike.  In case you ever get all caught up and have more
time on your hands than you know what to do with....any chance (maybe
with help from other knowledgeable HIPS members?) of adding a page to
the HIPS site that gives "conventional wisdom" & best guesses about some
of the historically important cultivars that turn up both in Dykes and
other important pedigrees?  With abundant caveats, of course.  Ones that
you aren't confident enough to add to the online pedigrees?  You,
Sharon, Clarence, and Jeff have given tidbits now and then that are not
in TWOI or the checklists & sometimes on & sometimes offlist.  I'd be
happy to provide the questions, a few at a time <G>.

I know that a lot of this information is in older Bulletins and HIPS
publications, but I can't afford to buy all of them, and given how
quickly TWOI keeps getting lost in all the mess in the house, adding
more paper wouldn't be a good solution!  Plus I'm out in the boonies -
not sure where the nearest library with a collection of AIS Bulletins
might be.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
10oF last night, balmy 30oF this morning - sprintime again this weekend,
just in time for the winter potluck!  supposed to be back in the 70s.

Suggestions on how we can improve ONElist? Go to the 'Suggestion'
box on our new web site. http://www.onelist.com