Re: MDB: Your favorites

  • Subject: Re: MDB: Your favorites
  • From: James Brooks <hirundo@tricon.net>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 08:28:23 -0500

From: James Brooks <hirundo@tricon.net>

At 06:51 AM 2/23/99 EST, you wrote:

One of my favorite MDBs is Brown Imp. It is one of the first to bloom, so
always delights me, both with the joy of seeing an iris in bloom after the
winter, and for the sheer bravado of something so small daring to bloom
under such conditions.

I did also get Grapelet to bloom on Hallowe'en, so I don't know whether it
was the last rebloomer of 1998, or the first of the 1999 season - but given
the weather we've had since, I reluctantly have to place it as a late
rebloomer. I'm a late bloomer myself, so that's appreciated.

From Northeast Tennessee, Zone 7, where stunted daffodils after fighting
off buffets of snow and cold, and the five buds I picked last night
delighted me with five tiny blooms on my kitchen window this morning,
before I'd even had my coffee.

James Brooks
Jonesborough, TN
hirundo@tricon.net