Re: CULT: fall cleanup

  • Subject: Re: CULT: fall cleanup
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:12:29 -0800

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

J.F. Hensler wrote:
> Not being one to use time and energy needlessly, she trims her TBs using a weed whacker (nylon filament type) then simply rakes up the debris.
> This sounds almost too easy. Has anyone else tried this?

If you are not in a hard freeze area, is it necessary, or desireable at all,
to cut back the foliage? Here in temperate Bay area of California, I leave all
the leaves that don't brown out on the plant to get what food production out
of them that the weather allows.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Visit my website at:

To reply to me personally click on