Re: CULT: medians

  • Subject: Re: CULT: medians
  • From: DWiris@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:59:34 EST

From: DWiris@aol.com

Dear Donald,

I am surprised that medians are not doing well for you.  We sent guest IBs and
MTBs for the Fort Worth AIS Convention a few years ago and they grew and
bloomed very well.  Several folks in Lubbock grow medians and my father grows
them in Carlsbad, New Mexico.  I don't know of any special care these irises
received, except for providing enough water so the smaller rhizomes don't get
too dehydrated.  In the Phoenix area they grew medians around the base of
trees where they would get some shade during the heat of the day.  Even here,
in northern Ohio, we had drought conditions this past summer.  Some other
perennials really suffered because we couldn't water everything enough, but
all the bearded irises came through with flying colors.  So all I can really
suggest is to give them a little shade and water.  Maybe someone in your part
of Texas will come up with other ideas.

Dorothy Willott, President
The Median Iris Society

Ta Da! See our new web site. http://www.onelist.com