OT-BIO: Char Randall

From: "Char Randall" <charandmike@email.msn.com>

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Char Randall and I live near
Melba, Idaho which is about 20 miles South of the interstate in Southern
Idaho about 45 min. SW of Boise, ID.  I have enjoyed my iris gardens for 25
plus years, mostly sharing and trading with neighbors and co-workers. During
the last 5 years or so I have been ordering mostly TB's and esp. RE. My
favorites tend to be the plicatas and color breakers, strong and vivid
colors. Altho, I can't seem to make myself "throw them away" even if not my
favorites! Consequently, I have also started planting beds at a small ranch
we have even further South of here (45 min)in the desert towards NV. I've
heard the neighboring cattleman told his wife to come to our place for
Memorial Day flowers; "it's just a forest of flowers up there at Randall's".
The deer had gotten her roses so I was glad to share with her. I have a
friend who is thinking of trying to grow iris commercially. She is another
one who can't throw away any increases and orders more and more and now has
to do something with them! I have a few SPU I hope will bloom this year. I
would like to know more about arilbreds and try some of those. I do have a
state nursery license as I grow and sell a few herbs and ornamental grasses
etc. Mostly I have a "share garden".  Another new interest is hybrid poplar
trees. We put about 1000 last year and have another 1500 coming this year.

I have contacted a few of you privately and have appreciated very much your
information and patience with my questions. I have been so overwhelmed by
the knowledge and depth of the discussions I hope I am not imposing by this
intro. The list does seem quieter the last few days so wanted to take this
opportunity to say thank you. This winter I have been glued to this list and
related web sites. Wow...that's another story!! What dedication and talent.
At this point, I feel pretty fortunate just to "listen in"  and look.

And you know what.....I'm just going to hurry up and send this, as
is...before I chicken out again! I do have a few questions I'd like to ask
if thats ok and felt an introduction was appropriate first.

Sincerely

Char Randall
Melba, ID USDA zone 6 (I think 5 is more accurate)
charandmike@msn.com

We now have over 85,000 e-mail communities. Check out our new web site!
http://www.onelist.com