Re: CULT: fall cleanup

  • Subject: Re: CULT: fall cleanup
  • From: HIPSource@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:43:16 EST

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 2/23/99 11:03:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, hensler@povn.com
writes:

<<  Not being one to use time and energy needlessly, she trims her TBs using a
weed whacker (nylon filament type) then simply rakes up the debris. >>

I hate this idea pretty comprehensively.

I can't imagine taking one of those nasty things to my plants. All that
clatter and violence and indiscriminate shredding and tearing and twisting and
thrashing of cords doing who knows what damage to the tender tissues.....then
having to come through afterward with a rake as well. Scrape, scrape, scrape,
scrape.....

Taking the time and energy to do something right is rarely wasting it in my
book. For me a lot of gardening involves slow intimate processes wherein I
commune with my plants, like cleaning them up and removing bad foliage and
weeds and debris. It is a time of meditation and quiet thought about the
garden, and I would not have it any other way.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com

Suggestions on how we can improve ONElist? Go to the 'Suggestion'
box on our new web site. http://www.onelist.com