Re: Cult: Luminata

  • Subject: Re: Cult: Luminata
  • From: "Steve Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:15:13 -0600

From: "Steve Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

----------
> From: Iarejan@aol.com
> To: iris-talk@onelist.com
> Subject: [iris-talk] Re: Cult: Luminata
> Date: Wednesday, February 24, 1999 7:51 AM
>
> From: Iarejan@aol.com
>
> In a message dated 2/24/99 8:08:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> mlowe@worldiris.com writes:
>
> << I could wish that someone, somewhere, could find an existing luminata
>  cultivar with a tendency to rebloom. >>
> Mike,
>    Don't some consider CLARENCE a near-luminata?
>
> Janet Natale
> zone 8 of S.C.

> New hobbies? New interests? Sign up for a new ONElist community.
> http://www.onelist.comIt would be nice if any iris were blooming here!
We are anxious to see the aril and arilbreds bloom, because we have seen so
few of them in person.  Also hope to see BROKEN DREAMS bloom on a first
year plant.  My daughter, Stephanie, is trying to hybridize in class MTBs
that reliably rebloom and have aril like characteristics.  (She is a very
optimistic person!).  One of the TBs she is going to be using is the
bi-color luminata FLIGHTS OF FANCY.  So, maybe she will come up with a
reblooming luminata you might like, Janet, along the way.  If everyone is
really out of things to discuss, we would love to have your suggestions
about Stephanie's hybridizing goals.  Some of you have already given her
invaluable help through the regular mail.  To reach her goal, it has been
suggested that she use both diploid and tetraploid (kept mostly separate),
species including albertii, imbricata, and aphylla.  She will be utilizing
MTBs, TBs, BBs, and maybe some IBs.  Let us know what you think!
Cindy Rust, Zone 5b, Union, MO  where a few inches of snow fell yesterday
and melted last night!

Suggestions on how we can improve ONElist? Go to the 'Suggestion'
box on our new web site. http://www.onelist.com