Re: CULT: Fall cleanup

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Fall cleanup
  • From: HIPSource@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 12:25:00 EST

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 2/24/99 12:01:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
suttons@lightspeed.net writes:

<< They do this by using the  equivalent to a lawn mower underneath the
tractor.  Very sharp blades.  I know personally that there is just no other
efficient way to do this.  >>

Very sharp blades would make a big difference, I think.

Around here one sees country folks who take a lawn mover right across the bed
in late summer when the weeds get high and the foliage ratty. While I would
imagine that process scatters spores and weed seeds and debris-----cut small
and mulchlike, all the better to rot in proximity to the rhizomes----unless
you had a machine which inhales the cut stuff into a bag, I'd still think a
mower set high would be preferable to a weed eater gumming its way through the
fibrous foliage.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com

Ta Da! See our new web site. http://www.onelist.com