CULT: WELCOME & WEED WACKING!!

  • Subject: CULT: WELCOME & WEED WACKING!!
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:04:56 -0800

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

Gordon & Loraine Nicholson wrote:

> Dear Char R.  Welcome to the world of expressing your thoughts on iris
> and sharing them with the rest of us. I kind of know your part of Idaho,
> have allot of iris friends there. Now on to weed-whacking, I guess we
> are rather blessed here in the golden state since it is only necessary
> to pull off old leaves in doing general cleanup.  I for one really enjoy
> the different shades of green that iris impart to their surrounding
> plants.  Since we are commercial and have not had the land (till this
> year) to leave plants in the ground more then one year we have not
> really had a clean up job to do because we always trim just before we
> replant (in other words we do not trim when we dig) and some sit
> patiently in their containers for weeks waiting to be planted.  We use
> the "wacker" on fence lines and such.  By the way our new fields of iris
> are (and I am going to whisper this) almost weed free, now our show
> garden is another thing, the aisles are weed free, but the iris are
> covererd with mulch (you know the living green companion plants,
> weeds).  So much babbling and so little time to do it!!  John, did I use
> the correct subject title????  lorraine in Sunny California at Woodland
> Iris Gardens

Wellll, since you asked...  <grin>

Actually no.

Everyone seems to think that there is an OT: category. In reality there is
not. The OT categories are:

OT-PLANTS: other garden plants (not irises)
OT-ART:    iris-motif art and craftwork
OT-HUMOR:  iris-related humor
OT-CHAT:   personal messages and conversation (consider taking it off-list!)
OT-BIO:    introduction from a new subscriber (please follow with your name)

In the particular case of your message, I commend you for changing the subject
from OT-BIO: because the subject of your message is about something else. I
think the best one would have been:

CULT: WELCOME & WEED WACKING!!

Thanks

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Visit my website at:
http://members.home.net/jijones

To reply to me personally click on
mailto://jijones@ix.netcom.com
mailto:jijones@ix.netcom.com
Fremont, California, USA

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Is ONElist important to you? Come to our new web site and share with
us your stories. http://www.onelist.com