Re: CULT

  • Subject: Re: CULT
  • From: "Carryl Meyer" <carrylm@gridley.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:40:16 -0800

Median foliage--be glad you can see it this time of the year--mine is under solid white mulch--but when spring finally arrives, the foliage will all be new for the medians--sometimes some of the TB foliage will not be frozen, and it will just continue to grow--
I used to cut the foliage off in the fall with a hedge trimmer--many of my beds are raised--3 to4 feet up, so I could just walk along the lower level and cut the leaves off--really a time saver--but really can scatter leaf pieces all around--and I quit doing it when the leaf-spot seemed to be worse in the areas where I had cut the leaves with the trimmer--now I just leave the leaves till spring and have to trim them off then anyway--so why trim them twice?
Favorite MDB---Nuggets!!! Green gold and blooms through the snow;
                        Flea Circus--purple/white plicata and a small one, later bloomer
                        Violet Wood--usually the first to bloom of about 30 MDB's, nice
                          color and snow does not seem to bother it--lots of substance--
 Carryl from western Montana--leaving Northern California tomorrow and heading for cold Montana--almonds in bloom here, sunny days, birds all around--back to snow and cold, but will see spring arrive there too.