Re: CULT: Fall cleanup

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Fall cleanup
  • From: "Mark A. Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:39:15 -0500

From: "Mark A. Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

HIPSource@aol.com wrote:

>  I'd still think a mower set high would be preferable to a weed eater
>gumming its way through the fibrous foliage.

     Since I use Weed Eaters a lot, I can tell everyone that cutting
Iris leaves is not what they do best.  I have made a few "slips" over
the years, and have found that when the string contacts something like
an Iris or Daylily's foliage, the string twists instead of cutting.  The
effect is the foliage being ripped off the plant, causing a substantial
     Since I live in a climate where permanent mulches are used, that is
no longer a problem.  There has to be a better way.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.

Ta Da! See our new web site. http://www.onelist.com