Re: CULT: medians

  • Subject: Re: CULT: medians
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 19:35:07 -0800

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello folks,

Thanks for the info on medians.  Lowell's and Walter's comments
seem apt for what I am currently seeing.  Dorothy Willott's input
gives me hope, Walter's give me pause.  How much shade do you
suppose the medians could tolerate in our sunshine, Dorothy?
Would the high shade of oak trees be too much if they managed
some a.m. and afternoon sun?  I have the TBs I grow in full sun
for the most part, but have better foliage tho fewer blooms in most
years on those planted under the high shade.  Also, the bloomstalks
are not as strong when grown under the trees, tho they actually
may reach the registered heights there.  I think our wind shortens
the stalks and those under shade have some protection from wind
until it gets too high.  This might be a good solution for the medians
if they can tolerate a bit more shade without sacrificing to much of
the bloom.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7

New hobbies? New curiousities? New enthusiasms?
Sign up for a new email list today