Re: CULT: medians

  • Subject: Re: CULT: medians
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:00:17 -0600

From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>

Donald,
	I am not sure exactly where you are in our great state but up here in
Lubbock the medians do very well.  The only class we have a problem with
are the MDB's and we don't always get cold enough for them to bloom.
This year will probably be a good example of that since we can measure
our winter in days instead of weeks.
	We have a large selection of Medians, several from the Willot's as she
mentioned, and all do well.  They grow, bloom and rebloom.  As far as
the foliage goes, at this point in time my SDB foliage is looking
great.  It is coming on strong and is a nice healthy green.  As a matter
of fact it is looking so good that I am afraid that they will bloom
early and get caught in the inevitable freeze we are bound to get in the
next 44 days.  The MTB's are slow to start in the spring but the IB's
and BB's are also looking nice.
	I have heard from several people in the DFW area that the MDB's and
SdB's do not perform really well for them but the IB's, MTB's and BB's
do ok.  You might take a look around and see what the folks in your neck
of the woods are growing.
--
mailto:ddbro@llano.net
Dana Brown

Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
http://www.onelist.com
Onelist:  The leading provider of free email list services