Re: CULT: fall cleanup

  • Subject: Re: CULT: fall cleanup
  • From: Diana Winship <mikesmom@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 21:30:28 -0600

From: Diana Winship <mikesmom@ix.netcom.com>

I can't imagine taking one of those nasty things to my plants. All that
 clatter and violence and indiscriminate shredding and tearing and
twisting and thrashing of cords doing who knows what damage to the
tender tissues.....then having to come through afterward with a rake as
well. Scrape, scrape, scrape, scrape.....

 Taking the time and energy to do something right is rarely wasting it
in my book. For me a lot of gardening involves slow intimate processes
wherein I commune with my plants, like cleaning them up and removing bad
foliage and weeds and debris. It is a time of meditation and quiet
thought about the garden, and I would not have it any other way.

 Anner Whitehead

Ditto - Ditto - Ditto!!!

The time spent in my garden is the time I get some fresh air. I'm not
crazy about the bending, but, it's worth it. When I get too ill to go
out in the garden, I wind up getting fussed at for still being outside
on the patio. Between the plants, the girls (dogs & cat) and the pond, I
can't think of another more serene place for me here at home, unless
it's in someone else's garden.

Can you believe it's supposed to get up to 79 tomorrow?

Diana Winship
Richardson, Tx

Have you visited our new web site?
http://www.onelist.com
Onelist: Helping to create Internet communities