Re: CULT: What I wish was blooming today--Mesmerizer

  • Subject: Re: CULT: What I wish was blooming today--Mesmerizer
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 20:48:44 -0800

From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>

Jan Clark wrote:

> >Everyone send a post as to what you WISH was blooming today.
> >Betty Wilkerson from Bowling Green KY..
>
> MESMERISER
>
> Oh, I don't actually have this growing in my garden, but I would love to
> have several stalks of it in full bloom at present.

Far be it from me to brag, but Michelle & I have around 15 blooms of Mesmerizer
open now in our 3' x 10' bed of it. We've had bloom ever since 10 January, and
have enough stalks still on the way to assure beauty for at least another month.

Last Saturday George Sutton mentioned that at his place M. has to be dug up and
moved immediately after blooming or else it blooms out. We've grown it since it
was introduced, and it has not shown any tendency toward bloomout here, but the
show it has been putting on this year makes me wonder. It has never had big
increases on blooming rhizomes, but now there are no increases visible on
several blooming fans. M. seems to like our garden so much that I still expect
increases on most, if not all, of them (following a good show during the normal
bloom time two months from now), but only time will tell.

Anyway, Jan, I like your taste in irises.

Gerry

PS  We're starting to get stalks on two of our 1998 purchases, Dayglow and
Ocelot
--
mailto:gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
Warm, winterless Los Angeles

Did you know that we have over 85,000 e-mail communities at Onelist?
http://www.onelist.com
Come visit our new web site and explore a new interest