Re: CULT: fall cleanup

  • Subject: Re: CULT: fall cleanup
  • From: StorYlade@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:49:09 EST

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 2/25/1999 4:10:10 AM Central Standard Time,
Irisborer@aol.com writes:

<< One good reason to cut down iris foliage is to give borers fewer places to
lay
 their eggs. >>

Since iris borers have never been a problem in my garden (yippee!  It's great
to have something to cheer about!), I've not seen the necessity of trimming
foilage.  Except when digging, of course.

Betty Wilkerson from Bowling Green KY  . . .  on my way out to clean the yard.