CULT: fall cleanup

  • Subject: CULT: fall cleanup
  • From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:30:42 -0800 (PST)

From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>

We do
> >clean up our beds in the fall and again in the spring but other than
> >that I use the fallen leaves as natural mulch.
> >
> >--
> >mailto:ddbro@llano.net
> >Dana Brown
> >Pres. South Plains Iris Society
> >Lubbock, Texas  79401
> >Zone 7 Usda, Zone 10 Sunset

   V. sez:
   It seems that it might be okay to use the leaves as mulch if you
live in an area that tends to be dry. I notice that those doing this
seem to be from Texas, where borers aren't much of a problem, and it
tends to be hot and dry. Leaf spot needs moisture to survive...

Vince Lewonski
Secane, PA, where we DO have both borers and leaf spot, thank you
Zone 5