CULT: Rot and Soap

  • Subject: CULT: Rot and Soap
  • From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:40:28 -0800 (PST)

From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>

   There are several brands of liquid dish soap on the market now that
advertise that they are antibacterial. (I have Ajax here.) Since many
people add soap as a sticker when spraying for leaf spot and borer
anyway, it occurs to me - does anyone know if the biocide in the soap
may kill or inhibit the bacteria responsible for causing rot? Should
we be covering our irises with thousands of tiny scrubbing bubbles? Or
have I been watching too many commercials again?
   The active ingredient listed is Triclosan, if this helps.

==
vincelewonski@yahoo.com
Vince Lewonski
Secane, PA  Zone 6
Not warped, but twisted and possibly fractured!
Ta Da! Come see our new web site!
http://www.onelist.com
Onelist: A free email community service