CULT: Leaf spot

  • Subject: CULT: Leaf spot
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:13:08 PST

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>It seems that it might be okay to use the leaves as mulch if you
>live in an area that tends to be dry. I notice that those doing this
>seem to be from Texas, where borers aren't much of a problem, and it
>tends to be hot and dry. Leaf spot needs moisture to survive...
>Vince Lewonski

I think I'm correct in saying that the fungal spores will survive for a
considerably long time (years) dry. A wet season starts them growing,
and the rain splashing on the soil and back to the leaves, spreads them
from soil to plant, or plant to plant.
Cheers, Jan Clark

Is ONElist important to you?  Has it changed your life?
http://www.onelist.com
Come visit our new web site and share with us your stories