Re: CAT: Aril and Arilbred Catalogs

  • Subject: Re: CAT: Aril and Arilbred Catalogs
  • From: HIPSource@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:47:44 EST

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 2/26/99 9:51:10 AM Eastern Standard Time, srust@fidnet.com

<< One of the major ways I learn about a new group of iris (new to
 me) is to send for catalogs with good descriptions.  This is a very
 comfortable method for me, as I can go over the information again and
 again.  The reblooming section, for example, prints a list of catalogs
 available that specialize in rebloomers, plus the addresses.  I have not
 seen such a list for the Aril section (perhaps I missed it?) >>

Cindy, there is such a list on the ASI page. Additionally, I would like to
note that in addition to Superstition Gardens, Woodland Iris Gardens and
Willow Bend, whose information is on the HIPS page, also offer selections of
arilbreds, mostly modern. Other nurseries on the HIPS list, which is current,
offer scattered cultivars.

Aril Society International------->http://www.telp.com/asi/

Historic Iris Preservation Society------>http://www.worldiris.com/

Anner Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman
Historic Iris Preservation Society

Ideas on how we can improve ONElist?
Check out the Suggestion Box feature on our new web site