CULT: TB: Moving TB's NOW..Help!

  • Subject: CULT: TB: Moving TB's NOW..Help!
  • From: Tammy King <tlking@ap.net>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:05:06 -0800

From: Tammy King <tlking@ap.net>

Hi all~

Been awhile since I've posted anything to the list, but am now in need of
some serious help.

I will be moving on either April 1st or May 1st, and am taking my irises
with me. Several are already in pots, started out that way. All of the
irises in the beds are really starting to grow rapidly, but I wan't those
to come with me too. My plan is to dig them up and keep as much soil around
them as possible and put them in pots too. My main questions are:

#1. Should I dig them now, or wait until it's really close to moving date?
They're in a really big growing period right now, haven't seen so much
green in all my life!!

#2. (this is kind of incidental, but thought I'd ask anyway) If I can keep
the soil around the roots, is there any chance I'll see bloom this season?
This is their first year with me, and I REALLY want to see them bloom!!

Thanks for any help you can give...

Tammy King, nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof, Zone 9, Santa Rosa,
California, 60 miles north of San Francisco and about 40 miles east of the
coast.

tlking@ap.net

New hobbies? New curiosities? New enthusiasms?
http://www.onelist.com
Sign up for a new email list today