JI & SIB: winter dormancy

  • Subject: JI & SIB: winter dormancy
  • From: Rodney Barton <rbarton@hsc.unt.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:12:28 -0600

From: Rodney Barton <rbarton@hsc.unt.edu>

> I'm wondering if some of the folks from the warmer areas might give me an idea on winter dormancy of both JIs and SIBs.
> Do either of these retain green leaves all season? Through mild frosts? Hard frosts if following weather warms?

Both go completely dormant here in Texas as well.  They hung on quite a
while this year, through our first freeze (high 10's) and only went down
after the second freeze in December.

Rodney Barton
Hickory Creek, (North Central) Texas, USA

North American Native Iris Web Page:

We have a new web site!
Onelist: The leading provider of free email community services