Re: SHOW Show Schedules

  • Subject: Re: SHOW Show Schedules
  • From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 07:20:47 +0000
  • Comments: Authenticated sender is

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> From:          IrisDnD@aol.com
> Date:          Sat, 27 Feb 1999 00:54:26 EST
> To:            iris-talk@onelist.com
> Subject:       SHOW: Show Schedules

> From: IrisDnD@aol.com
> However page 213 of the new Judges Handbook says : Collections are NOT
> eligible
> for the "Best  Specimen of Show" award.  I am Westbay Iris Society (Reg.14),
> show Chair.  And they are very concise on wording for 1999 show schedules, to
> new Judges Handbook.  Have Fun!! Diane

	It would be wonderful if AIS would include some sample acceptable
show schedules in the JT book in order to avoid several contacts with
the Exhibitions chairman.

	I envision a sample short schedule with just the bare bones for a
small society like ours.  Then, an example of an elaborate one for
larger shows that includes just about everythings, such as
collections mentioned in the original post..

	It seems like the show schedule must be completely rewritten each
time there is a change in the Exhibitions chairman.  Once you please
the show chairman, your schedule will be approved for as long as
he/she is in office.  Then when the officer changes, you will
probably have to start over from scratch.  This has been our
experience with our society and its show schedule.

	I think it would save a lot of postage and headaches if samples of
acceptable show schedules were authorized by the AIS.  Then, the
individual show chairman can just fill in the blanks with the local
society information and get instant approval.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8

Ta Da! Come see our new web site!
Onelist: A free email community service