Re: CULT:The ever changing color 'o iris

  • Subject: Re: CULT:The ever changing color 'o iris
  • From: HIPSource@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 10:29:12 EST

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 2/26/99 11:14:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
janclarx@hotmail.com writes:

<<  Betty's neighbor has 'learned' by personal  experience, that her yellow
irises turned purple. There are plenty of  people out there that will re-
inforce this belief. It's hard to change  peoples minds when they are sure
they know something to be true. >>

I'm not suggesting anyone tell her that a person reporting color change be
told her eyes are deceiving her, which in fact they may not be. Or that she
should be told she is wrong, which she may well not be. Reports like this have
been heard for years. I'm simply suggesting that she and others like her might
easily be informed about what we know about this so-called phenomenon at this
point. We have scattered reports of similar but not identical weirdnesses,
some of which we can speculate about more authoritatively than others.  Rarely
do we hear the one piece of information that would be most valuable: how long
did this so-called transformation take?

In providing some frank and intelligently presented written free educational
material about what we know and don't know we certainly do the public no
disservice. As with anything else free, the public can take this enlightenment
or leave it.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com

We have a new web site!
http://www.onelist.com
Onelist: The leading provider of free email community services