Re: REF: Judges Handbook help requested

  • Subject: Re: REF: Judges Handbook help requested
  • From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 11:03:11 +0000
  • Comments: Authenticated sender is

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> From: HIPSource@aol.com
>
> In a message dated 2/27/99 12:01:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, DWiris@aol.com
> writes:
>
> << The section on collections says: " A collection should be composed of
> stalks
>  of the same type of iris.  >>
>
> What is intended by "type" in this context, please.

	3 to 5 TB's or 3 to 5 LA's,  3 to 5 plics, etc.

.
Somebody said they should all be 'queen of the show' stalks, but I
would think those super stalks should be reserved for the Best
Specimen competition. How can one put 3 to 5 stalks with three open
blooms in a container and not damage them?  Some sort of wedging
material would have to be used, and that would look unsightly.  And,
who can muster up as many as five 'queens' for a collection?

> On the face of it there would seem to be several viable interpretations based
> on different inclusive botanical categories. One assumes it is made more clear
> in the manual?

	Like,  a collection can be displayed in one container or in
individual containers.  To me, a collection should be in one
container....not five different ones.

> Just curious......

	Me, too!

> Anner Whitehead
> HIPSource@aol.com

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8

We have a new web site!
http://www.onelist.com
Onelist: The leading provider of free email community services